Be a guest blogger, share your expat story with other expat women. It can help many other women looking for answers.
We are all in this “expat life” together 🙂
What you get by sharing your expat experience
First, you will feel big satisfaction for being able to share your story and help many others seeking for friendly advice. Isn’t it a great feeling? 🙂 Also when you contribute to Expat Women in Turkey you’ll get a 3-4 sentence biography line that can include a link or two to whatever you’d like to promote – your website, business, Instagram and Twitter feed, latest e-book, your handwork, yoga school.
We will also share your post in our newsletter, and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so that any interested parties can see more of your writing or business you want to share and contact you through the website. Of course, only if you agree with it and it depends totally on you how much of your personal info you want to share with the audience.
Since we respect your time, here are our writer specifications to make this process as easy as possible for you.
You are free to choose which subject you’d like to write about. It is your story and you decide what you want to share with other expat women.
If you need some suggestions, here are some categories where your content can fall into:
- Jobs and business in Turkey: How did you find the job in Turkey? What were your experiences with job interviews, co-workers, is your salary enough for you and your family (if with family here)? Do you have your own business in Turkey?
- Studying in Turkey: Your experiences about schools, Universities and Erasmus programs. What do you think about Turkish educational system, your experiences with other students, professors? Is your scholarship enough to support your needs? How do you like dorm life and do you have bits of advice for students who would like to follow your path?
- Married to a Turkish guy: Help others by sharing your experience with your new Turkish family or how you accepted cultural differences? Share your insights about this subject.
- Being a Diplomat’s wife or companion in Turkey: How do you find your experience in Turkey?
- Raising kids in Turkey: Do you find it easy, hard or interesting to raise kids in Turkey? What do you think about how children are raised here? Your experiences with kinder gardens and schools, whether you chose an international or Turkish school.
- Social life in Turkey: How do you spend your free time? Where do you like to go? Is it easy to make friends in Turkey? Are your friends mostly foreigners or locals?
- Being a single woman in Turkey: Share your insights and experiences.
- Turkish cuisine: How do you like food in Turkey? Do you cook Turkish food or you are sticking to the food from your country? Do you like Turkish baklava, kunefe, zeytinyagli…? What mostly surprised about habits of Turkish people in the kitchen?
- Travelling: how do you prefer to travel in Turkey? What is your favourite destination? What about the prices, do you find it cheap or expensive?
- Health: What kind of health insurance do you use? Your experiences in Turkish hospitals and which ones would you recommend? Recommend a child doctor or a good doctor that can follow a pregnancy? Did you give birth in Turkey? Share your experience.
- Relationships with Turkish Officials: What is your take on getting the visa in Turkey? Is it hard or easy? Did you have problems and what kind? If you had any business with police or other officials, share your story as it can help others.
Note: These are just suggestions, don’t let it limit you. You have freedom to write about anything related to your experience in Turkey.
- Length: There is no limit on the length of the article. We trust your judgment on this.
- Bio: Tell us more about yourself. Include 3-4 sentences and you can use this space for self-promotion. Include a link or two to whatever you’d like to promote – your website, Instagram or Twitter feed, latest e-book or your own e-shop.
- No affiliate links: Thanks.
How do I submit an article?
Send us your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What we edit: Grammatical errors.
- Titles: We may change the title for “catchiness”.
However, you will be contacted for revision of your story before publication for approval.
What if I have a question?
E-mail us with any questions, or just want to reach out, e-mail us at email@example.com and we will be back to you as soon as possible.